- Bo Jackson gained 37 yards (on 12 carries) in his first NFL appearance.
- Magic Johnson and Larry Bird competed against each other in 37 NBA games.
- Mark McGwire's 37 home runs in 1987 broke Al Rosen's 37-year-old American
League rookie record.
- The first touchdown pass in Super Bowl history was for 37 yards.
- The Illini basketball team was ranked #1 in the AP poll in 1989 for the
first time in 37 years.
- Kansas won the NCAA basketball championship in 1988 for the first time
in 37 years.
- The year after Roger Bannister broke the 4-minute mile, 37 other
runners did so.
- 37 is a popular number for major league baseball pitchers.
- Tiger Woods had a string of 37 consecutive holes without a bogey at
the 1997 Masters.
- "The Jayhawks have held opponents to 37-of-139 from the floor.
Kansas has forced 37 turnovers..."
- 37 major league players lost home runs before a rule was changed in 1920.
The winner of the 1996 Ironman Triathon World Championship, Luc
Van Lierde of Belgium, was entrant #37.
- The 1998 Nagano Olympics will begin on the 37th day of the year.
- The record for most men's basketball victories in a season is 37.
- When NY Yankees pitcher David Wells pitched a perfect game against
Minnesota, he had retired 37 consecutive batters.